What Is a Sports Bra?
A sports bra is a bra that is specifically designed for women for their physical activity. It acts as the best support partner for your bust. As they prevent them from sagging and from vigorous movement during physical activities. So it is important to choose a bra that fits you perfectly.
How to Choose a Perfect Size Bra?
A good sports bra guarantees you good protection, support, and coverage. But according to your level of physical activity, you may need different types of sports bra. There are three levels of sports bra based on your physical activity. Hence you should choose your sports bra according to your level of physical activity.
Low-Impact Sports Bra
- Simple, breathable, and they are crafted with lightweight fabric for low-intensity movements.
- The low-impact sports bras offer minimal support as they don’t get involved with a high level of physical activity.
- They don’t come with compression or padding or encapsulation cups.
- Low-impact sports bras are used for activities like yoga, meditation, stretching, and pilates.
Medium-Impact Sports Bra
- Great bust supporter and are crafted for bounce protection.
- The medium impact sports bra comes with padding and good compression. And most of the medium impact sports bra comes with removable padding. Hence you can also use it as a low-impact sports bra without paddings.
- Medium impact sports bras are used for gym training, cycling, jogging, and also for Zumba.
High-Impact Sports Bra
- High impact sports bras are crafted with distinct moulded cups that offer high bust control when compared to the other two bras.
- These sports bras are crafted with the perfect blend of compression and encapsulation techniques which are highly suitable for heavy bust movements.
- High-impact sports bras are used for intense activities such as running, dancing, kickboxing, and cardio exercises.
Signs Your Sports Bra Doesn’t Fit
So how do you know if a sports bra fits you or not? The following three simple signs can show you whether your sports bra fits you correctly or not.
- Straps – If the straps dig in too tight or if the straps slide down, then your bra doesn’t fit you.
- Cups – If your bust spills outside of your bra cups or if you see a gap between the cups then the bra doesn’t suit you.
- Bands – When it comes to sports bra bands play a vital role in protecting and supporting your bust. So make sure it sits around your rib cage properly and not on the breast tissue.
Sports Bra Size Calculator
It is very important to choose a sports bra of the right size as it needs to fit your bust well. It shouldn’t be too loose or too tight. So make sure you shop for the correct sports bra by using the following sports bra size calculator table.
|Cup A||Cup B||Cup C||Cup D||Cup DD||Cup E|
|30||63 – 67||77-79||79-81||81-83||83-85||85-87||88-91|
|32||68 – 72||82-84||84-86||86-88||88-90||90-92||92-94|
|34||73 – 77||87-89||89-91||91-93||93-96||97-100||101-104|
|36||78 – 82||92-94||94-96||96-98||98-101||102-105||106-109|
|38||83 – 87||97-99||99-101||101-103||103-106||107-110||111-114|
|40||88 – 92||102-104||104-106||106-108||108-111||112-115||116-119|
|42||93 – 97||107-108||109-111||111-113||113-116||117-120||121-124|
|44||98 – 102||112-114||114-116||116-118||118-121||122-125||127-130|