Just like the rest of the body, your breasts will also age. This is what leads to saggy breasts. But if you want to learn more about breast sagging, causes of sagging breasts, prevention, and related facts. This article will help you learn everything you need to know about sagging breasts.
Most of the girls start developing breasts during puberty, around the age of 13. This is when the body starts releasing hormones that are responsible for the development of breasts. Our breasts continue to change in size and shape over time. There are several other factors that determine the growth of breasts including weight gain, pregnancy, hormonal changes, menopause, and birth control pills. With time, your breasts undergo other changes such as breast sagging.
What Are Saggy Breasts?
Saggy breasts tend to be flatter on top and heavier on the base. Women with saggy breasts tend to have nipples positioned below the inflammatory fold. In the advanced stages of saggy breasts, the nipples might even point towards the ground.
What Are the Causes of Sagging Breasts?
- Our breasts are made of fat and ligaments. As we get older, these ligaments stretch and lose their elasticity. This is a natural aging process that is noticeable in all women. This change is especially evident once a woman hits menopause. Due to the changes in hormone levels, the volume and structure of the breast tissue is affected allowing your breasts to lose their fullness and leaving them look deflated.
- Lack of support to your breasts, is another major reason for your breasts to sage. Wearing a bra that provides the right support to your breast is important to maintain your breast shape.
- Cigarettes contain Carcinogens which cause the elastin( fibers responsible for skin elasticity all over the body) to break down causing your breasts to sag.
- Ultraviolet rays from the sun also lead to skin damage leaving your skin to lose elasticity.
- Fluctuation in weight can also be a cause of stretching of the breasts.
- The gravitational pull might also be a reason for the sagging of breasts. The gravitational force works against your body pulling down the breasts tissue, therefore the ligaments that lift up our breasts stretches and this leads to saggy breasts.
- Breast size could also be a cause of saggy breasts. Smaller breasts tend to have less pressure and weight on the ligaments, hence hold the shape better. But in women with larger breasts, due to weight, the ligaments are pulled down.
Can Sagging Breasts Be Firm Again?
Your breasts are made up of breast tissues and not muscles. You cannot avoid sagging of breasts completely, however you can adapt to certain changes in your lifestyle that might prevent saggy breasts.
How to Prevent Sagging Breast?
You can do exercises that will strengthen your upper body. These exercises strengthen your pectoral muscles and the surrounding area. This will also help improve posture and muscle strength. Practicing swimming, yoga, or other sports might also prevent saggy breasts.
Exercise for sagging breast: Push up, travelling plans, cobra pose, overhead shoulder press, and standing reverse fly
2) Eat healthily
Consuming foods with high levels of antioxidants will slow the process of aging. Including vegetables, fruits, proteins, and carbohydrates in your diet will help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
3) Maintain Good Posture
Standing up straight without stooping will reduce strain on your breasts. If you do not maintain a good posture, your breast ligaments are pulled down. It is always good to keep your shoulders back and stand straight. You can also prevent saggy breasts this way.
4) Quit Smoking
Smoking speeds up the aging process by decreasing the elastic in our body. It is important to quit smoking if you want to prevent saggy breasts.
5) Stay Hydrated
Keeping yourself hydrated will improve the elasticity of your skin. Drink more water for a firmer skin.
Does Not Wearing a Bra Cause Sagging?
If you do not wear a bra, it might lead to breast sagging. This is a common myth that we all would have heard at least once in our lifetime. A bra can lift up your breasts and leave an impression of enhanced breasts but it cannot prevent your breasts from sagging.
Can Sagging Breasts Be Firm Again?
Since your breasts are made up of fatty tissues and mammary glands, it might not be possible to firm your saggy breasts. However, you can exercise regularly in order to make the area around your breasts firmer leaving an appearance of toned breasts. But you can lift up your saggy breasts through artificial methods.
Wearing the right bra
If you wear the right size bra, you can give the illusion of lifted and firmer breasts. Your bra will lift your saggy breasts allowing them to look fuller and toned. You can also use anti-sagging wirefree bras as they are specially designed for saggy breasts.
There are surgical procedures available for breast lifting. In this procedure, the excess skin is trimmed and your breasts are reshaped. Your breasts are lifted up leaving a firmer look.
Bras for Saggy Breasts
These are the 5 top bra for sagging breast
Saggy breasts are a part of aging. Instead of worrying about it, if you learn to embrace your natural saggy breasts, you can be more content with your life.