Somewhere between 226 grams to 907 grams. Yes, you read it right! You can weigh your breasts, and this blog will tell you how. Bras become a wardrobe essential if you are over 18 years of age. For some girls, it’s sooner, and for others, it’s later. Knowingly or unknowingly, you carry a few grams of weight (of course, we mean breasts) in your bra. But have you ever thought about how much your breasts weigh? This may seem like an interesting topic for discussion. Read further to learn about measuring your breast weight.
Breast Weight Chart
We have created this handy breast weight chart to help you visualise the average breast weight based on bra band and cup size. Please note that these are approximate values, and if you want to know your breast weight, you can measure it.
Breast weight (per breast)
|34A, 32B, 30C, 28D||272g|
|36A, 34B, 32C, 30D, 28E||317g|
|38A, 36B, 34C, 32D, 30E, 28F||408g|
|40A, 38B, 36C, 34D, 32E, 30F, 28G||544g|
|42A, 40B, 38C, 36D, 34E, 32F, 30G, 28H||680g|
|44A, 42B, 40C, 38D, 36E, 34F, 32G, 30H||771g|
|44B, 42C, 40D, 38E, 36F, 34G, 32H||907g|
How to Weigh Your Breasts?
Now that you have an idea of how much your breasts weigh, here is the actual calculation.
- Measuring scale
- Large tray
- Large bowl
How to Measure
- Measure the weight of the tray.
- Place the bowl on the tray (the tray should be large enough to hold the bowl).
- Fill the bowl with water until it reaches the rim.
- Immerse your breasts (without a bra) in a bowl of water.
- Your breasts will push the water out of the bowl and into the tray.
- Now take the tray with the water and weigh it.
- Subtract the weight of the tray with water and the empty tray.
- Now take the weight you just figured and multiply by 0.9 (the volume of breast tissue is different from water).
- Repeat the next breast if you like (remember that uneven breasts are common).
Does Weight Loss Impact Breast Weight?
Buying smaller pants during your weight loss journey is fun. But, how about buying smaller bras? It isn’t so much fun. Does losing weight make your breasts smaller? There isn’t a definite answer. Breasts are made up of fat and tissues, so when you lose weight, you will lose some of the breast weight too. But how much? It depends on how much fat you store in your breasts. Sometimes the changes can be evident, and at other times they may not be.
Good Fitting and Quality Matters
Next time when you have back pain, shoulder pain, or neck pain, blame the weight of your breasts. A fully supportive bra is essential to support your hanging treasure. Finding a band and cup that fit perfectly will reduce the pressure and pain on your shoulders, neck, and lower back. Next time your simple guide to choosing the right bra for heavy breasts.
Shop Now: Our widest range of hand-picked plus-size bras.
Do you have breast tenderness and pain? Know the reasons for breast pain.