How To Deal With Period Leaks?
Relax! It’s normal to have leaks during your periods. Every woman experiences period leaks at least once in their life. There are many reasons why your periods spill over the menstruation products. Knowing them is the first step to dealing with period leaks. Only then will you be able to use the period leak hacks we are going to suggest below.
Why do period leaks happen?
Here are the most common reasons why you may experience period leaks:
- Unusually heavy period flow.
- Bad quality sanitary pads and tampons.
- Wrong sanitary pad or tampon size.
- Overflowing tampon, sanitary pad or menstrual cup.
- Sitting or sleeping posture.
- Incorrect placement/ insertion of sanitary pad, tampon or menstrual cup.
Most of these reasons can be easily prevented with simple yet effective period leak hacks. There are plenty of ways to prevent, handle, and stop period leaks, both during the day and at night.
Period Leak Hacks
The best way to avoid dealing with any kind of period leak is to prevent it in the first place. To do this, start by using the right kind of pad for your needs, one that fits snugly around your underwear and provides enough coverage for your flow. You should also change your pad every 3-4 hours so that it doesn’t overflow. If you are prone to heavy bleeding on certain days or during certain times of the month, consider a heavy flow tampon or pad for those days. Finally, make sure you always have a spare pad or tampon handy when you’re out in case of an emergency.
How to stop period leaks at night
If you tend to experience heavy leakage at night while sleeping due to hormonal changes or other factors related to menstruation, there are several things you can do in order to avoid waking up with stained sheets or pajamas. Here are some sanitary pad hacks to prevent leakage.
- First off, try wearing women’s period panties/ underwear. These look like regular women’s underwear but have layers of absorbent fabric, especially on the back side, to lock in any fluid without any discomfort.
- Try wearing pads with heavy absorption, made specifically for nighttime use. These sanitary pads often feature longer wings that provide more coverage for larger flows as well as super-absorbent core materials that lock away moisture even when lying down all night long.
- Change into a new sanitary pad before going to sleep. Additionally, consider changing your pads halfway through the night if needed.
Relax, it happens
Regardless of why they happen, period leaks should be normalized and not viewed as something taboo. There are plenty of ways to combat them once and for all. By following the above period leak hacks we can all stay dry no matter what time of month it is! So go ahead ladies—embrace those periods like never before! You’ve got this!