If you are not sure what you should wear to prevent vaginal or yeast infection, this blog covers how to get rid of a yeast infection, and what to wear if you have a yeast infection. Before we start you should know what is a yeast infection. Vaginal yeast infections or candidiasis are commonly caused by Candida albicans yeast. Due to this, you may experience burning, redness, and swelling in the vagina or even in the vulva.
Did you know? Approximately 75% of women have a yeast infection at least once in their lifetime. Around 45% of women have twice or more in their lifetime.
What to Wear If You Experience Vaginal Yeast Infections?
You might have followed some home remedies to prevent vaginal yeast infection or adopted some healthy eating. Underwear also plays a vital role in preventing vaginal yeast infections. We will enlighten you on how wearing proper underwear makes a lot of difference.
Do you think you are wearing the right underwear or nightwear? We have rounded up the best and comfy underwear and nightwear that are most suitable to opt for during vaginal infections. Let’s get started!
Some fabrics are healthier for you throughout a yeast or vaginal infection. You should opt for natural fabric like cotton which is known as the best underwear fabric or also called hypoallergenic. The vulva or vagina is a delicate area; you must treat it gently. Cotton is breathable and absorbent that helps prevent delicate areas from yeast infections.
Pick cotton panties that come in various prints, gorgeous hues, and many styles because cotton is known to prevent infection, itching, and even bad odor.
Thongs Can Be Your Buddy
Are thongs healthier or comfortable? If you are skeptical about picking thongs by thinking it is uncomfortable and impractical. We are here to make you understand that thongs are a great option to wear when you have a vaginal infection.
No studies have proved that thongs cause yeast vaginitis. On the contrary, you can opt for thongs like your normal bra. Thongs are actually comfortable, lightweight, and perfect under your workout pants.
Loose Clothes-How about Pj and T-shirts?
It is a perfect idea to opt for a cotton brief and match it with a comfy PJ and t-shirt to avoid skin rubbing that can cause more skin problems along with vaginal yeast infection.
Go Commando with Cotton Shorts
Women going commando have genuine reasons. It helps to keep things breathable down there. You can choose to go commando when you have skin irritation, skin chafing, and vaginal yeast infection. If you want to look stylish and feel the all-day comfort, wear cotton shorts and pair them with a cotton t-shirt.
Do and Don’ts of a Yeast Infection
You can easily get rid of the vaginal infection if you learn these unspoken underwear rules and yeast infection prevention tips.
- You should not be wearing sweaty or wet clothes for long periods, this permits yeast to develop and overpopulate.
- Do you put all your underwear for washing? If you do not have spare undies to wear and then it is better to go commando than wearing unwashed underwear.
- It is not a good idea to opt for synthetic material including spandex and nylon because they won’t allow the skin to breathe. These fabrics allow yeast breeding during yeast infections.
- According to studies, even clean underwear contains around 10,000 living bacteria, hence washing your underwear properly does matter when it comes to vaginal hygiene. It is best if you wash your underwear with hypoallergenic soap.
- Can yeast infections stay on clothing? Yes, and it depends on the species of Candida and can stay for a few days.
- Pick moisture-wicking underwear/thongs during a workout.
- The best underwear goal is to change your underwear daily.
- Stop wearing tight-fitting jeans and pants.
Preventing vaginal yeast infections is essential for all women. We hope you understand the importance of vaginal hygiene and what to wear if you have a yeast infection. At last but not least, follow our underwear rules and share them with your BFFs.